Monday, February 26, 2018

Lot of Playing Cards

Sale Price: $25.00 Fees: $3.98 Profit: $21.02

One of the lots I recently purchased at an auction had a number of playing card decks in it. I sorted out the ones I thought might sell on their own, and threw the remaining ones into an auction. The auction ran for 7 days with no bidders. So I did it again, and this time there were a number of bidders and 8 watchers. The winning bidder ended up being in Ireland and had not bothered to check what shipping would be, and as this weighed over 2 kilos and as I wasn't going to send it untracked, it would have cost $90 to ship, and as the auction ended at $18.50 she asked to cancel. Thankfully the second highest bidder was willing to buy it at $15, and he also bought another deck of cards I had listed for $10 for a nice total of $25. When I bought the lot at the auction I was not counting on revenue from any of the cards, so this is a nice bonus. 



No comments:

Post a Comment