Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Batman Adventures #12 CGC 9.6

Sold: $1,099.99 Fees: $115.00 CGC Costs: $178.00 Profit: $806.99

This issue is the reason I bought all the comics from the wedding auction. When I saw that this issue was in one of the lots I knew I had to buy that lot, and if I was getting one I may as well get the others. This issue is the first appearance of Harley Quinn (the Joker's girlfriend), who has gained a lot of popularity recently. This comic series was based on the animated TV show and was not all that popular at the time, meaning this issue had a lot print run. I had it graded and slabbed which ate some of the profits, but I would never have got this price without doing that. I was really hoping it was a 9.8 (essentially the highest grade you can get), I was still very happy with a 9.6. I can say that I once owned, and sold, the first appearance of Harley Quinn. I'm not a big Batman fan, so I'd much rather have the money than the comic. It is a very nice feeling to sell a single comic for over $1,000 and walk away with $800 profit. This sale put another of the comic lots into the black, meaning 23 out of 32 lots are now profitable. My total profit is now within $500 of doubling my investment! 

Current profit off the comic auction: $3,929.96

1 comment: