Thursday, April 27, 2017

Hard Rock Cafe Ottawa Pin

Bought: $0.00 Sold: $39.99 Fees: $4.37 Profit: $35.62

Chris picked up a bag of pins at VV last year because he saw a Coca-Cola pin in it that he thought might be worth selling (it wasn't), but a few of the other pins were. This is the third pin I've sold from the bag, and by far the most profitable from it. It is the old Hard Rock Cafe logo for the restaurant that was at the Ottawa Senators arena when it first opened. That restaurant has now closed and it is no longer called the Palladium, so this pin is rare for all those three reasons. Hard Rock Cafe also for some reason has a collector base, and so I listed it high and waited. I was in no rush to sell this as it doesn't take up a lot of room, and I wanted to get good money for it. $40 is a great price for a small pin that was essentially free after the first two pin sales. The only down side is that I told Robin any profit I made off of pins while I'm away in Moncton she gets since they take a bit more time to package up, as I forgot I had some pins of my own and thought she would only be getting my small commission on the Disney pins. So, I'm a man of my word, and so Robin is going to make $35 on this sale and I make nothing. 

Robin's Commission while I'm in Moncton: $72.55

No comments:

Post a Comment