Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Flipping Experiment #1: Comic and Anime statues, comics and posters - Month #27

July 31 - Danzig Band Sticker

Sold for: $2.99 Fees: $0.25

I have no idea where this sticker came from, but it was in the stuff from the lot, so I'll gladly sell it.

The Numbers:
Initial Cost: $2,000 
Number of items sold in July: 8
Number of items sold overall: 170
Gross Profit for July: $82.92
Fees to eBay: $12.87
Net Profit for July: $70.05
Net Overall Profit: $5,139.11

Chris and I have recouped our initial investment, and each made a profit of $2,569.55

July 3rd - Wizard Magazine Postermania 2000
Sold for: $24.99 Fees: $5.84

Chris recently moved the remainder of the comics from this shared storage locker purchase to my storage locker for storage, and I noticed that some of the comics were no longer listed on eBay. I have no idea when the listings were taken down or why - likely a bug with eBay. So a few weeks ago I relisted the ones I noticed were missing - I still need to do an inventory to see if others are no longer listed. This was one of the newly re-listed items, and it sold in a couple weeks! It is a special edition of Wizard magazine from 2000 containing 48 comic themed posters.

July 6th - The Punisher Promo Poster
Sold for: $4.99 Fees: $0.82

This is a small promo poster of The Punisher. It was another one of the items that I had to rephotograph and relist since the original listing was taken down at some point. I have no idea how long the listing didn't exist for, but it sold within 2 weeks of me re-posting it.

July 13th - Witchblade #36 and Darkness #28

Sold for: $9.99 Fees: $1.33

These are two comics from the 90's that had a story crossover, and these variant covers were made that formed a linking picture. Sadly neither of these comics are all that popular, but someone finally bought them!

July 16th - PITT Promo Poster
Sold for: $4.99 Fees: $0.82

This is a small promo poster for the series PITT from 1996. This was another one of the items that at some point the listing was taken down, so I had to relist it a few weeks ago. Glad I noticed that some listings were missing, or these last few sales would never have happened.

July 19 - Two Issues of Warlands
Sold for: $4.99 Fees: $0.82

Sold this lot of 2 comics! Only took 2 years...

July 20th - Wizard Magazine Postermania 1998
Sold for: $19.99 Fees: $2.06

This is another one of the items that at some point the listing got removed. I listed this again, after I noticed the error, a few weeks ago and it didn't take long to sell.

July 23rd - Hulk #1 Sunburst Variant
Sold for: $9.99 Fees: $0.93

No comments:

Post a Comment