Friday, August 24, 2018

Game Players Nintendo Guide Magazine

Sold: $9.99 Fees: $1.55 Profit: $8.44

Last weekend I won a lot at an auction consisting of vintage video games and video game magazines. I spent a lot on the auction, but I estimated a conservative value of the lot at over double what I paid. Following winning the auction I got a phone call from the seller. She apologized explaining that they had not checked the contents of the video game boxes as carefully as they should have, and that many of them had no games inside. This, of course, hurt my bottom line, but I knew I'd still make money and I knew when I was bidding that I was taking a risk that they would be empty. She said she would refund me $150, which I gladly accepted. I guess that is what happens when you buy a lot of lots and drop a lot of money. So, the lot cost less than I thought and I should still do very well on it. This is the first item to sell from it, a vintage video game magazine. Hopefully the first of many to sell!

No comments:

Post a Comment