Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Super Soaker CPS 2000

Bought: $6.78 Sold: $449.99 Fees: $47.92 Profit: $395.29

This is a super soaker from the 1990's. When I found this at VV for $6, I knew it was a good buy. My limited research into super soakers has led me to believe that the bigger the gun the more it is worth typically and the older the more it is worth. This one was a huge one and had a date of 1996. A quick glance in the store showed they sold for about $150. I bought this back at the end of August, and tested it the same weekend and it worked and is it ever powerful. It then sat on my stairs for months, until last weekend when I had a chance to finally list it. It turns out that this model of super soaker actually had two versions - the MK1 and the MK2. The MK1, the original, was deemed too powerful and potentially dangerous to children, so Super Soaker stopped selling it and released the MK2 which was the exact same gun but with half the power. It turned out I had the MK1, which is worth significantly more than the MK2. Only one MK1 had sold on eBay in the last 90 days and none were listed, so I aimed high and it sold in less than four days! This is now my second highest sale. I'm pretty happy with this purchase and sale. 

No comments:

Post a Comment