Saturday, November 4, 2017

Vintage Albert Elovitz Inc Bookends

Bought: $5.64 Sold: $30.00 Fees: $4.39 Profit: $19.97

I found these awesome brass mid-century book ends that I couldn't leave behind. I wasn't able to find out much about them, so I just put them up for $60 and was willing to take offers. When I bought them I didn't realize that one of them had a very large tarnish spot (you can see it on the left one above), so that hurt the value for sure. I received an offer of $30, and while I wouldn't normally take a 50% offer, he said he was going to try and restore it and wasn't sure he'd be able to and so that was the best he could do. I'd rather take $30 today than have these sit in my store for a year without anyone buying it. Sometimes it is worth taking the sure thing and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment