Sunday, August 6, 2017

Commissioned Sale: 4 Limoges Pink Roses tea cups and saucer

Sale Price: $49.99 Fees:$10.04 Profit: $39.95
My 30% cut of the Profit: $11.96

A family friend asked me to list a bunch of china pieces she had inherited from her mother. I listed the sets last fall, and in the last year only two have sold, this being one of them. China does not sell fast, and it is fragile and difficult to package and ship. I am never selling China again. I'm glad another one finally sold, as they are taking up a lot of room in my garage. I'm only taking a 30% cut of these commissioned sales, but even with that, the family friend has only made $11 so far due all the expenses that were required to pay for the extra packing supplies. That being said, she'll start seeing a lot more profit if, and when, the other sets sell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment