Thursday, August 24, 2017

Flipping Experiment #2: Online Auction

August 24th - United Counties Stormont Dundas & Glengarry Pin
Sold for: $4.99 Fees: $1.04
Initial Cost for this item's lot: $6.22 Profit on this lot to date: $59.68

Another pin sale - this one of the united counties of SDG, which is the are that encompasses Cornwall. I thought this pin might be a bit specific and local to sell, and I thought for sure that if it sold it would be off to Cornwall, but apparently not. It is off to Toronto. No idea what makes someone at 3am buy a pin on eBay, but I feel like alcohol had to be involved. 


The Numbers:
Initial Overall Cost: $118.10
Number of items sold in August: 8
Number of items sold overall: 22
Gross Profit for August: $119.93
Fees to eBay: $23.35
Net Profit for August: $96.58
Net Overall Profit: $180.94


August 2nd - Chloe Perfume
Sold for: $19.99 Fees: $3.22
Initial Cost for this item's lot: $31.08 Profit on this lot to date: -$14.31

This was the first item to sell from the lot of perfume bottles. It is a nearly full bottle of Chloe perfume with the box. I was a bit unsure about this lot, but I wanted to take a risk. I've sold one bottle and recouped half the cost of the lot. I sell one more and I break even! Plus, overall my haul from this auction is already well into the black and with the sale I'm up over $100!

August 3rd - McDonald's Pin
Sold for: $4.99 Fees: $1.04
Initial Cost for this item's lot: $6.22 Profit on this lot to date: $51.78

I knew when I saw this McDonald's pin in the lot that it would sell relatively quickly because of how fast my other McDonald's pins have sold. Unfortunately this was the only one in the lot.

August 3rd - Rotary International Pin
Sold for: $4.99 Fees: $1.04
Initial Cost for this item's lot: $6.22 Profit on this lot to date: $55.73

Another Rotary International Pin sold, which is good, since not only do I have a lot of Rotary pins in the lot, but I have about 10 copies of this exact pin, so I hope other people want this one.

August 4th - Crossword Dictionary
Sold for: $4.99 Fees: $1.97
Initial Cost for this item's lot: $24.86 Profit on this lot to date: $44.10

Among the books, most of which I didn't list, were two copies of this Crossword dictionary. I'm not sure why someone would need two copies of the exact same dictionary, but it seemed to sell relatively well, so I listed them and the first has sold. Not a huge profit, but another $5 doesn't hurt.

August 9th - St. Lawrence Seaway Coin
Sold for: $4.99 Fees: $0.56
Initial Cost for this item's lot: $31.08 Profit on this lot to date: $55.82

This was among the royalty trinket items and was a collectible coin issued to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the opening of the St Lawrence Seaway.

August 20th - Lot of 110 National Geographics
Sold for: $60.00 Fees: $12.41
Initial Cost for this item's lot: $24.86 Profit on this lot to date: $91.69

In the lot of books that I picked up, there was over 100 national geographic magazines covering nearly 10 years. I knew they weren't worth much, and the weight of shipping them made it nearly impossible to sell. I listed them as 5 lots of 24 (2 years per lot), for $10. I kept the price ridiculously low, just hoping to move them but shipping was still very expensive. I got a message from a guy near Toronto asking what it would cost to combine shipping. I checked, but since together they weighed over 45 kg they were over the maximum weight for Canada Post, so I said I would could ship them as two boxes for $40 each. He asked if I could better on the price, so I sold them all for $40. I ended up only spending $60 on shipping, so ended up making $60 on the magazines. This is a lot more than I thought I would realistically make from them, and so glad to have them out of my basement.

August 22nd - CATS Souvenir Program
Sold for: $14.99 Fees: $2.07
Initial Cost for this item's lot: $24.86 Profit on this lot to date: $104.61

This is a CATS souvenir program from when it ran at the Elgin theater in Toronto in 1985. It's off to Great Britain.

No comments:

Post a Comment