Monday, September 4, 2017

Lemax Signature Collection Spooky Town - Scary-Go-Round

Bought: $80.38 Sold: $99.99 Fees: $12.06 Profit: $7.55

I was at VV the other day and they had a number of these Lemax Spooky Town ceramic pieces, all new in box. These are pieces for a Halloween village people might set up, similar to a Christmas village. The problem I had was that the boxes did not identify the specific piece in any way. The prices that VV were high, but since these were new in box they still had their original price tag on them from Michael's and VV priced the boxes at 50% of the Michael's price. So I knew a few things - they were all dated, and the most recent was 2014, so they were a few years old, and I knew that these originally sold for a lot of money. A quick eBay search didn't turn up any of the ones I had, but I saw that Lemax was a brand that did sell and some pieces went for a lot, so I took a risk. This was the most expensive piece that I bought, and unfortunately not that rare, there were a few others on eBay. I decided to put all four on a 7-day auction and see what happened. This one sold for my asking price, with no competition, but it sold, and while I only made a very small profit, I'm just glad I didn't lose money on this, so I'm happy with the sale. I took a risk, it didn't pay off on this one, but I didn't lose any money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment