Monday, July 31, 2017

The Great Game of Canada

Bought: $4.51 Sold: $60.00 Fees: $11.49 Profit: $44.00
Chris' 5% Commission: $2.20

Chris picked up this vintage game about Canada at VV. There were none on eBay, but when I searched the game on BoardGameGeek (BGG), a website dedicated to board games, I saw that a number of people had posted saying they were interested in buying it. I messaged the most recent poster, but never heard back. All of the accounts that posted that they wanted to buy it created their account on the same day the posted and never logged in again - so clearly people were looking for the game, couldn't find it, posted there hoping someone would contact them, and then never logged in again to check. I had Chris posted it for me on BGG in the marketplace, since I didn't have an active account at the time, and someone contacted him to buy it. I had it listed for $45 + $15 shipping, but shipping was less, so just combined the total in the price. Overall, not a bad profit, and BGG fees are much lower than eBay. I think in the future I'll try cross-listing my board games on both eBay and BGG.

No comments:

Post a Comment