Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Doctor Who Comic Ottawa Comiccon Variant

Bought: $1.12 Sold: $97.50 Fees: $9.92 Profit: $86.46

This is a variant cover to a Doctor Who comic featuring the fourth doctor in front of Parliment with his hat filled with maple leafs. It was a limited edition cover only available at the first Ottawa Comiccon. Due to its limited nature, and the fact that it is an original variant cover it has a pretty big demand. I attended that con and I got a copy of this for myself, but at VV I found another copy, which is the one I sold. Sadly, after that first year, the con did not get original variant covers (probably too expensive) and simply provided a variant cover with the Ottawa Comiccon logo on it but he cover was used as multiple cons. So the comics at subsequent cons are not worth nearly as much. That being said, anytime I can sell a comic for almost $100 I'm happy. I had the comic listed for $99, and I got a message asking if I would take $75 USD. At the current exchange rate, $75 USD is $97.50 CDN, so I told the buyer that I would gladly reduce my price by $2.50 to make a sale. 

No comments:

Post a Comment