Monday, July 3, 2017

Gamma World Board Game

Bought: $7.50 Sold: $129.86 Fees: $13.66 Profit: $108.70

This was one of the board games I bought in that giant lot off the guy on Kijiji last year. It was the most expensive game of the lot. This is the first edition, but third printing, of Gamma World, an early Science Fiction RPG game from TSR (the makers of Dungeons & Dragons). I've had this up for almost a year and it has consistently had more than 2 watchers, but never any offers. I got a message on Canada Day saying that he wanted to buy it, but that Paypal wouldn't let him use his credit on foreign currency (I guess he wanted to use his Paypal credit as opposed to a credit card). This was an odd issue that I'd never heard of before, and I'm sure was just a misunderstanding on his part. That being said, he said if I would list it in USD, as opposed to CDN, he would buy it and he would pay the $99 USD (I had it listed for $99 CDN). So, I was going to make an extra $30 just to convert the currency my listing was in. It was a bit more work than that, since last year eBay removed the abilitiy to list in USD on ebay.ca, so I had to login to ebay.com and list it there. It took maybe 5 minutes of work, but he bought it. So not only did it finally sell at a great price, I actually made an extra $30. Not bad at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment