Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Toys R Us Wooden Castle

Bought: $25.00 Sold: $40.00 Fees: $0.00 Profit: $15.00

I picked up one of these Toys R Us Wooden castles at a garage sale for $10. Two days later I found one at a thrift store for $15. They were sold by Toys R Us in 2008, but are now retired. One sold recently on eBay for $125, so I grabbed the best pieces of both castles and put a complete castle on eBay, and listed the almost complete castle on Kijiji for $40. A guy messaged me on eBay and Kijiji at the same time, and came to look at them and decided just to buy the incomplete one. This sales covers the cost of both castles and I'm sure the one on eBay will sell eventually. I was worried I wasn't going to be able to make any profit off the second incomplete one, so glad I was able to sell it. The guy who bought it said that it looked just like the castle in the GI Joe movie and he was going to modify it to make it match it more, so he didn't mind the incomplete one. Overall, got a huge box out of my garage, made back my investment, and still have a complete one for sale on eBay.

No comments:

Post a Comment