Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Bugs Bunny as Leopold

Bought: $79.09 Sold: $146.85 Fees: $14.55 Profit: $53.21

This is a hand-painted limited edition, and numbered, statute depicting Bugs Bunny as Leopold along with Giovanni from the famous Looney Tunes sketch. This was sold by the Warner Brothers store in 1993 and was limited to 1,500 copies. It was in the display case at VV, and I knew it had to be collectible and valuable. While other similar ones had sold on eBay in the last 60 days, this exact one hadn't, so I wasn't sure of the exact price. I decided to take a gamble and try an auction... While I made a decent ROI, I am sure that if I had been patient, and listed it high with OBO I would have sold it for more. Just more proof that auctions are not my thing. Still $50 isn't bad, especially considering how much I paid upfront for it. I'd love to come across more of these at garage sales where I could get them for significantly cheaper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment