Friday, March 18, 2016

Update on older post

Re-posting of original post with new edit below

March 18th update: I sold the "Batman: The Official Book of the Movie" book for $6.50.


Original Post:
I thought I would post something different today. Instead of showing you what I sold, I am going to tell you what I bought, and then I will update this post as, if, things sell and see if I made profit on today's purchases.

Today was the start of the Rockcliffe Park Book Fair, which runs all weekend. I was not expecting it to be as busy as it was, it was a zoo! I could barely move, let alone get to books. I had to wait to get in and once in I was feeling quite claustrophobic. People were buying bags and bags of books, with seemingly no real discretion. I made it as far as the board games and kids books before giving up and leaving. 

I spent $34.50.

I bought:
1) Build the Titanic Paper model (NIB) - $3
2) Fun City Board Game by Parker - $2
3) Top Gear Board Game - $3
4) Star Wars Phonics Set - $3
5) The Secret World of Arrietty Blu-Ray - $2 [Sold with profit of $16.68]
6) Lord of the Rings Film Book - $2.50
7) Batman The Official Book of the Movie - $2.50 [Sold with profit of $2.10]
8) Bone The Complete Epic - $8
9) Shirley Temple reading Bambi Record Set - $1 [Incomplete. Did not sell]
10) Thunderbirds Annual 2001 - $2
11) Beano Book 1994 - $2
12) Dennis the Menace Annual 2003 - $2.50
13) Topper Book 1973 - $1

So far I've made: $18.78 with 2 sales.

Edit #1 (Nov 6): I got home and checked the items, and the Bambi Record set is missing one of the three records, and it is badly taped together. It is not going to be worth my time and I will likely never sell it. That is one item done, and $1 wasted. Also, the Bone Complete Epic, the most expensive book, has a coffee stain on the bottom of the book, though it did not seep onto the pages. I am hoping I can at least make my money back on it.

Edit #2 (Nov 9): Listed and packaged everything over the weekend. Now we sit and play the waiting game...

Edit #3 (Jan 26): The first sale from the bunch, and, of course, it was one of the non-book items. I sold the Blu-Ray, which I would have guessed would be the first to sell. So far after the sale of one item I have recovered half of what I spent. The rest will take a while to sell, books are not typically fast movers.

Edit #4 (March 18): The second sale, and a small profit. Five months and I've sold one book. This experiment into books is clearly a failure, but I just hope I sell enough of the rest to break even on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment